Saturday, June 28, 2008

Little "B's" First Ambulance Ride, Thanks to Mike

Friday morning, at about 3:45 am, Mike jumped out of bed in serious pain. He walked into the kitchen, and as I was waking up trying to figure out what was going on, I walked in to find him holding his side on the floor. I called 911 and off we went to the hospital.

After some pain relief from the IV and an x-ray, it confirmed what both Mike and the Dr. believed it to be...a kidney stone. It turns out there are more in his kidneys, so Mike will be following up with the Dr...we got home safe and sound around 6 am, a prescription of Vicodin in-hand (happy Mike), and he took the day off to catch up on sleep and rest. I told Mike that he has met his ambulance quota for a long, long time!


Later in the morning my mom came into the city to take me to my Non-Stress Test and then out to lunch at Le Boulangerie in Hayes Valley. The ba
by is looking great and my amniotic fluid is holding steady around 8+. From the looks of the pictures, he has some great cheeks. He was doing some sucking with his mouth (which we've been seeing him do a lot of the past couple of times) and he seems like a happy and VERY BUSY little guy. We only hope he inherits the Buzzard/Godfrey nose (sorry Schwartz family, but you know what I'm talking about). We are now 36 weeks and 2 days! YAY! I am off the terbutaline and have definitely been noticing more contractions, which at this point, is a good thing! We're gearing up for the big day. I can't wait.

Last night we just lounged and watched The Buck
et List. I of-course, fell asleep, so I'll have to watch the end this morning.

Here are a few recent pics....hopefully we'll take some more of my belly ve
ry soon...

Here I am in the room to be...

Here we are at brunch...

This was taken before my shower...
I'll continue to keep you posted! Ha!


No comments: