Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It's Coming Along...the Room, that is!

The baby's room is definitely coming along. Last night we got the rug which is very bright and a little crazy, but I think will be a lot of fun. It's a FLOR rug, so it came in squares and Mike had to put it together himself. Here are a few pictures. The room is FAR from done, as we are slowly acquiring bits and pieces.

It feels a little "Alice in Wonderland," but I'm sure once the room is complete it will look great. We still need some shelving and some pieces of art for the wall!

Yesterday my mom came out to cart me around to various appointments. First we had my first of two Non-stress tests for the week (the baby is looking good). Then we HAD to eat and get my haircut. It's SHORT, but I figured something wash-and-go would be easiest. She came and folded baby laundry and took a basket of laundry home with her to wash. We have a washer/dryer here, but she didn't like going down to the "dungeon" to use it. All I have to say about that is, it's city living. We have a washer/dryer, we can't be picky. However, I am so grateful for all of her help!

The car seat and all of it's attachments came from Grandma Mops in North Carolina, so we are getting closer to having all of what we need. We are so lucky to have such wonderful family!

So here I sit, pondering what I will do today...I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the room Dara! Can you come and decorate my kids nursery when we finally have our own house? Congrats to Mike for doing such a great job on the crib.

Glad to hear that Baby B is doing well...growing strong and healthy!

Stay strong! Not too much longer! Can't wait to see you on Saturday!

Love,
Annie