Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Countdown is on

9 more official days until my due date! After yesterdays doctor's visit I am 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced (for any of you who know what that means). The doctor told me to WALK WALK WALK! So that's what I plan, to take Petey on lots of nice long walks...he's going to love me. I tried spicy Indian food, but it didn't work.

Mike and I have just been laying low. We've been restless, going to bed late (unusual for me), and getting up early (unusual for Mike). We are eagerly anticipating the arrival of our little man.

Today I am off to my office to clear out my desk! I have decided to change jobs next year. I will be working at a great little school in Pacific Heights, Claire Lilienthal, as a Reading teacher (part time- when I return to work later in the Fall). I am looking forward to working with the little ones again, doing what I love, teaching reading.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dara! How about you come out to my neck of the woods and we can go on a nice walk around the Lafayette Reservoir...2.7 miles with hills. That will put you into labor for sure!
I know that the waiting can be excruciating at times, but Baby B will be here before you know it. I can't wait to meet him. Call me whenever you need to!
Congrats on the new job, too!

Love,
Annie

Anonymous said...

Dara-
Everything is ready for the little guy ... where is he? Of course I can hardly wait to kiss those toes!
Uncle Mark has his bags packed and is ready to babysit for Petey!
Grandpa has his special "earthquake" book to read to baby Ben ... Love you!
xoxoxoxox Mom